Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins


When I first read this recipe I was a bit skeptical. Butterscotch and pumpkin? Sounded a bit strange. But since I had butterscotch chips and pumpkin that needed to be used, I decided to try them. And I loved them! They are a perfect not-to-sweet and yet tasty, moist muffin and make the perfect fall treat. In my opinion they would be heavenly with a caramel or vanilla latte. But I'm guessing that no matter what you eat them with, you'll enjoy them immensely!

Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
Mix flours, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs, butter, and pumpkin in a separate bowl. Mix the flour mixture with the egg mixture. Stir in the butterscotch chips; pour into greased or lined muffin pans, filling cups about 3/4 full.

Bake at 350 for 14 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Do not overbake.

(If you choose to make mini muffins, bake 10-12 minutes.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!