Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Mandarin Orange Salad

As I was going through my cupboards as part of my new resolve, I discovered I had several cans of mandarin oranges. I'm not sure how I got them all, since they aren't something I even use that much, but at any rate, there they were in my cupboard.

I was trying to think how I could use them up, when I remembered this tasty salad. My husband was a bit skeptical when he heard the mixture of mandarin oranges and cottage cheese but he liked it enough that he was wishing for more! Simple to make, refreshing and colorful too, this salad is sure to be a hit with everyone.

Mandarin Orange Salad

3 oz. orange gelatin
16 oz. cottage cheese
11 oz. can mandarin oranges
2 c. whipped topping

Mix dry ingredients with cottage cheese and drained oranges. Fold in whipped topping. (Crushed pineapple or other fruit can be used instead of mandarin oranges.)

2 comments:

  1. Cottage cheese? Hmmm...I have all those ingredients, I'm going to have to give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious what you'll think...let me know!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!