Thursday, January 5, 2012

Monthly Spending Summary (Dec.)

I was very excited to come out ahead in my grocery budget for the year! After being over budget the last couple of months rather badly I was starting to think maybe I wouldn't be able to actually keep my budget for the year. But I really tried to keep my spending minimal for Dec. That coupled with the fact that we were gone for pretty much a whole week really helped.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should try to keep my grocery budget for 2012 at $190 or up it. I know the deals aren't as good as they used to be and yet I enjoy a challenge too. This past year I was able to stay within budget and that was even with buying ahead on diapers for this baby. (I have roughly 30 packs of diapers and several big packs of wipes stocked up.) I also have quite a bit of meat bought up ahead as well. So what do you think? Should I try for $190 again or up it to $210?


Monthly Grocery/Household Budget: $190

Total Spent: $74.56
Total Saved with Coupons/Sales: $209.70

Week 1: $19.43
Week 2: $14.91
Week 3: $39.2
Week 4: $1.00

Credits: $6.95
This was thanks to a Saving Star deposit.

Ending Monthly Balance: $122.39
Balance carried from Jan.-Nov.: -$91.41

Ending Annual Balance: $30.98
- In case you are confused, this is the amount I have left over for the year. So actually, I am under budget by $30.98 for this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...so feel free to leave them!